General Terms and Conditions
Please find below the General Terms and Conditions of VESPER Attorneys, which apply to all of our services. The General Terms and Conditions contain a limited liability clause. The legal relationships to which these General Terms and Conditions apply shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dutch law. Disputes shall be submitted in first instance exclusively to the competent court in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You can download a PDF-file of these General Terms and Conditions here.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to all activities performed or to be performed by or on behalf of VESPER Advocaten LLP, a law firm (‘advocatenkantoor’) with its business address in Amsterdam.
- VESPER Advocaten LLP shall operate as sole contracting party of the client. Articles 404 (which relates to the situation where it is the client’s intention that an instruction be carried out by a specific person) and 407 (2) (which imposes a joint and several liability where an instruction is given to two or more persons) of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code shall not be applicable.
- If the performance of an assignment results in any liability, then such liability will be limited to the amount to which the professional liability insurance taken out by VESPER Advocaten LLP provides coverage plus the amount of the deductible which is borne by VESPER Advocaten LLP in connection with that insurance.
- If, for whatever reason, no insurance payment is made at all, the combined liability to the client is limited to the amount of fees (excluding VAT) charged by VESPER Advocaten LLP in relation to the relevant assignment and paid by the client and is in any case limited to € 50,000.
- VESPER Advocaten LLP shall not be liable for any failures by third parties who are engaged in connection with the assignment. In the event a third party is engaged, VESPER Advocaten LLP is authorized to accept a limitation of liability the third party may stipulate also on behalf of the client.
- VESPER Advocaten LLP’s invoices must be paid within fourteen (14) days after the invoice date. Suspension, deduction, or set-off is excluded. In the event of failure to pay in good time, VESPER Advocaten LLP has the right to charge the statutory interest on the unpaid amount as from the fifteenth (15th) day after the invoice date, as well as to charge collection expenses.
- These General Terms and Conditions may also be invoked by persons and legal entities associated with VESPER Advocaten LLP, whether directly or indirectly, and that are involved in any manner in the services provided by or on behalf of VESPER Advocaten LLP.
- The legal relationship between VESPER Advocaten LLP and its clients is governed by Dutch law. Only the court of Amsterdam will have jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise between VESPER Advocaten LLP and a client.
- These General Terms and Conditions are available in both Dutch and English language. In the event of a dispute regarding the content or intent of these general Terms and Conditions, the Dutch version shall prevail.
January 18, 2017