Arthur is specialized in employment law. He has a broad range of expertise with a focus on complex strategic employment law issues such as (executive) remuneration, flexible work solutions, reorganizations and privacy/data protection related issues. Litigation is a component of his work and he acts on matters relating to various employment issues. In this field Arthur has been involved in litigation cases against (groups of) employees and executives. Due to the nature of this area of law, matters can be sensitive and urgent. In response, he acts promptly and decisively providing tailored advice to his clients.
Arthur’s experience also includes negotiating and drafting employment contracts, compensation and benefits schemes, collective bargaining agreements and advising on the many legal constraints of a dismissal.
As strategic employment law matters includes legal aspects beyond traditional employment law, he works in close partnerships with tax, corporate and corporate governance specialists.
Arthur Knipping graduated from the University of Amsterdam and worked as a lawyer for Van Doorne and Allen & Overy (LCV) in Amsterdam and Brussels
Recent work includes among other things:
- drafting multiple “DBA-proof template agreements” for the benefit of several companies insourcing self-employed employees;
- negotiating the termination of a Management Agreement on behalf of a financial director, including his buy-out as a 10% shareholder;
- contributing to a comprehensive internal fraud investigation at a Dutch subsidiary of a major foreign company;
- assisting a group of employees during a complex reorganization justified on economic grounds;
- drafting statutory agreements for the benefit of the Supervisory Board members of a Dutch company.